Earn your degree in one year from a top 25 university
No GRE required
USC Dornsife’s Master of Sustainability Management program is ideal for professionals working in the field of sustainability, or who are looking to pivot into the field, and enhance their leadership skills and careers.
If you’re ready to take the next step toward your professional success, we’re here to answer your questions and guide you through the admissions process.
Our flexible curriculum can be completed in 1 or 2 years and we offer three start terms each year: fall, spring, and summer.
Information about our upcoming start term, application deadlines, and information sessions can be found on this page under “Important Dates & Upcoming Events.” Please contact us if you are interested in applying for our next start, or have questions about a future term.
Our Admissions Committee is composed of USC Dornsife faculty and staff who complete a comprehensive review of all applications. We do not use a formula. Successful applicants will have demonstrated academic and professional success.
Applicants must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or foreign equivalent.
- For international applicants, a valid score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Pearson Test of English (PTE).
Complete and submit your Graduate Admissions Application online. Within the application, you will need to provide the following application materials:
- Resume: Up-to-date professional resume or curriculum vitae
- Letters of Recommendation: Two professional letters of recommendation are required, but you may submit three. Academic letters are acceptable for applicants with limited professional experience. Select your recommenders based on their ability to give in-depth insights about the quality of your work. Recommenders should not be peers or subordinates.
- Statement of Purpose: One-to two-page essay addressing why you are pursuing your MSM degree, how your professional experience will contribute to the program, how a master’s will help you in your career, and why the program at USC Dornsife is a good fit for you
- Transcripts: Open, scan, and upload official transcripts from each postsecondary institution (undergraduate and graduate) you have attended directly to the application portal.
Submit your application with a $90 application fee. Fee waiver eligibility information is located here.
How to Apply
Ready to start your application? Additional information on how to complete your application can be found here.
Applicants should note that USC Dornsife is currently not accepting applications to the Online Master of Sustainability Management program from Alabama, Arkansas, Minnesota, Puerto Rico, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin. If you live in a state or territory where we are not currently accepting students, please contact the MSM Admissions Office. Their contact information is below.
The Online Master of Sustainability Management program does not qualify to issue Form I-20 to international students.
After You Apply
Check your email regularly, as you may receive important communications from the Admissions Office regarding your application.
Contact our Admissions Office with any questions at 1-833-30-USC-SM or email us.
Important Dates & Upcoming Events
|Online Information Session:
December 12, 2023
|Priority Review Deadline: January 23, 2024|
|Final Application Deadline: March 19, 2024|
|The next start date: May 6, 2024|